Friday 17 February 2012

In sickness and in health.

> Today is our last day. Coming home from Buchanan yesterday did me in. The two hour road from hell. We were sick to begin with. Several of us have our stomachs running. Katie has a nasty cold and was vomiting before we left and during the trip. She was told to suck on a pickle by a local store owner. Since then, strangly, her vomiting has stopped. But her cold is nasty. I have been in this room for 19 hours, save a weak attemp for food last night. . Today I must find the strength to get up. Standing is problematic - I get the serious shakes. We have our 13 hour journey on a red eye back to Geneva. I need to dig deep and find some intestinal fortitude. I remind myself how lucky I am to be sick in a nice hotel room, rather than a mud hut without a toilet. We are VERY FORTUNATE!!
>
> I miss the rest of my family. I long to squish Jules and Ror.
>
> Wish us luck!!!
>
>
> Dianne,
> Sent from my SMASHED iPhone
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment